Itteration error

Copper Contributor

I have made a calculation sheet for work, with an iteration in it, that works. Only to crash when a parameters switches between "Yes" or "No". 

Bart963_0-1674641786735.png

Now when K82 changes between "Ja" and "Nee"  (Yes or No) the iteration doesn't work anymore as shown below

Bart963_1-1674642094764.png

So the issue occures in K75 & K81. It gives an #WAARDE error (#VALUE error). And I don't know why it is doing this.
I have used an IF function in both those cells, so that when K82=Yes -> "does not apply"

Any suggestions on how I can get this working again? so when K82 changes, the itteration functions keep working.

Iteration Functions:

v_1 (K75) = IF(K82="Nee";1-(SIN(4*PI()*fTpi-2*Gamma)+SIN(2*Gamma))/(4*PI()*fTpi)+(f*Tau)/fTpi*(1-EXP(-(2*fTpi)/(f*Tau)))*SIN(Gamma)^2-(8*PI()*f*Tau*SIN(Gamma))/(1+(2*PI()*f*Tau)^2)*((2*PI()*f*Tau*(COS(2*PI()*fTpi-Gamma)/(2*PI()*fTpi))+SIN(2*PI()*fTpi-Gamma)/(2*PI()*fTpi))*EXP(-(fTpi/(f*Tau)))+(SIN(Gamma)-2*PI()*f*Tau*COS(Gamma))/(2*PI()*fTpi));"N.v.t")

fTpi (K81) = IF(K82="Nee";v_1/WORTEL(v_2);"N.v.t")

I hope it's somewhat clear, and thanks in regards.

Bart

3 Replies

@Bart963 

Could you attach a small sample workbook demonstrating the problem (without sensitive data), or if that is not possible, make it available through OneDrive, Google Drive, Dropbox or similar?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ZmApWa3etQQKQvC25aAXw_3t7wUQX79P/edit?usp=share_link&ouid=11...

In this link should be the excel document with the issue. I have marked yellow which parameter you can alter.

@Bart963 

I cannot get the calculation to work at all. If I change the iterative calculation parameters, I sometimes get #DIV/0! (in Dutch #DEEL/0!), but mostly #VALUE!, never a number.

And I'm afraid the formula for v2 is far too complicated (for me) to analyze.

As an alternative, here is a macro that performs an iterative calculation:

Sub Recalc_fTpi()
    Const Precision = 0.0001
    Dim Test As Double
    Application.ScreenUpdating = False
    Application.EnableEvents = False
    If Range("M12").Value = "Nee" Then
        Range("fTpi").Value = 10
        Do
            Test = Range("v_1").Value / Sqr(Range("v_2").Value)
            Range("fTpi").Value = (Test + Range("fTpi").Value) / 2
        Loop Until Abs(Test - Range("fTpi").Value) < Precision
    Else
        Range("fTpi").Value = "N.v.t."
    End If
    Application.EnableEvents = True
    Application.ScreenUpdating = True
End Sub