SOLVED

It is possible to create two segmentation groups with the same origin and compare them

Copper Contributor

I found a page that shows the comparison of two groups of data with the same origin, it seemed very useful to me that this was possible, however I do not know how to achieve it.

Does anyone know how I could do it?
Do you have an example you can share with me?

https://datafluency.academy/analisis-de-precio-volumen-y-mix/

https://www.eloquens.com/tool/gzjxskpg/marketing/pricing/price-volume-mix-excel-template

Data source

pricing-price-volume-mix-excel-template.png

data segmentation (different groups)

pricing-price-volume-mix-excel-template (1).png

Pivot Table group

pricing-price-volume-mix-excel-template (2).png

5 Replies

@villevil 

That page you provided, the one that was the source of those images, tells you some of the basics of how to do it, or at least it hints at it. The PivotTable seems central, but not alone. 

Why don't you spell out a bit more fully what you saw as useful, or how you expected it to be useful. Said another way, what kinds of information are you working with that caused you to think, "Aha, that could be useful." And what are you needing to do with that information?

Without something specific to work with--some real world need or application that you have--there's not much more that most of us could say other than, "Yep, there are some very useful ways to employ Excel."

ok, as stated it seems not to be the only pivot table in the file.

The utility that I see in this exercise is to be able to compare two groups of data with all their classifications, in the case of the example considering the periods in the segmentation.

Sorry for my english.

Your English is fine. But maybe you need to read more carefully. My original post said "The PivotTable seems central, but not alone," so we agree on that.

Beyond that, you'll need to give us something to work with more than just "I'm looking to understand......" What is YOUR application? What kind of data are YOU working with that caused you to think, 'Ah, what that site showed could be useful.'

This was your original post, and I'm interspersing more specific responses to your points.

I found a page that shows the comparison of two groups of data with the same origin, it seemed very useful to me that this was possible, however I do not know how to achieve it.

That specific site is selling a template/process with the answer to your question. For $50. 

Does anyone know how I could do it?

The problem here is that the specific it that you want to do is unclear. Even if we had examples that might be applicable, you need to do a bit more to narrow the focus, by telling us your specific kinds of needs or interests.

Do you have an example you can share with me?

So that's why I'm asking for you to share an example of what you're working with that I or others here would be able to work with. People who come to this techcommunity site for Excel help generally come with a specific application they're working on looking for methods or solutions to specific issues. In the absence of that, with a broad general question such as you're asking, it's hard to offer more than "Go get a good book on Excel analytics" which will cover broad topics with its own illustrations.

best response confirmed by villevil (Copper Contributor)
Solution
Thank you Alberto, I managed to make a part of the solution, but it was not as dynamic as the one you just showed me. I am enormously grateful.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by villevil (Copper Contributor)
Solution
Thank you Alberto, I managed to make a part of the solution, but it was not as dynamic as the one you just showed me. I am enormously grateful.

View solution in original post