Issues with shared spreadsheet

Copper Contributor
My first message so apologies if anything is wrong with the post. My colleague and I (amongst others) have access to the same spreadsheet held on a server. If I open it, I get the latest version. The date / time stamp is from when I last saved it (taken from Windows Explorer). If she opens it, it doesn't show any info I've added - the last thing she can see is info entered nearly 6 months ago. The date / time stamp on her machine, in the same Windows folder shows February 2019. If she opens it while I'm using it, she doesn't get the "Someone else is using this file, do you want to open read-only" message. If she opens it while I'm not using it, she gets the version from February. If I open it when she's got it open, I don't get the "Someone else..." message but I get the latest version. But here's an even more strange situation. I renamed the file from it's meaningful name to "Not Here Anymore" and we got the usual conflicts messages and the date & time stamps were identical on both machines. Can anyone shed any light on this at all?
2 Replies
If you are on Office 365 I'd recommend to save the file on OneDrive and share it with your colleague from there.
Hi Jan Makes sense, but unfortunately the spreadsheet is imported into an Access database and has hard-coded paths in the import routine. The team responsible for amending it don't currently have the time to do that.