Issues with advanced filters

Brass Contributor

I'm trying to use advanced filters to remove certain words from a large column. 

I have on a separate tab the column with the same name as the main list that I want to filter and just one piece of text to filter for.  I am using the operator like this <>*iga* (IGA appears in the middle of a string of text).  This works fine but when I add a second operator like <>*pine* and extend the advanced filter to include the new line the whole thing breaks down and nothing is filtered.

Criteria tab looks like this;

Description

<>*iga*

<>*pine*

As I said if I just search for iga it works.  Extend the criteria to include another (like the pine example above) and the whole filter fails.  I need to filter about 20 different keyboards all using wildcards.

Please help.

2 Replies

@lfk73 

The criteria range should look like this:

S3476.png

For conditions next to each other, all must be satisfied (condition1 AND condition2).

For conditions below each other, at least one must be satisfied (condition1 AND/OR condition2)

@Hans Vogelaar are you serious?  That's all it was?  So frustrating I spent like an hour googling and not a single tutorial thought to mention this simple thing.

Thanks.