Issue

Copper Contributor

Hi all!

I have a small issue. More annoying than an actual issue... When I download a sheet from an email, instead of the document window opening for me to choose where I want the sheet to be downloaded, Excel opens and the sheet opens up with it. The downloads don't show up on the bottom of the computer screen like when I download a PDF or Word document. I think I clicked an option that enabled this to happen and I don't know how to reverse it or undo it. Then, when I look for the sheet, it's in the Downloads folder. How can I fix this?

Thank you!

1 Reply

@RheumCoordinator85 

You probably were right in your second sentence. More an annoyance than anything else.

Are you "downloading" these Excel sheets in the same manner as the Word and PDFs you refer to? To me, that's actually great that the files go to the Downloads folder and open up. All you need to do is, when they're open, do a "Save As" and store them where you want them. And if you don't care to keep, leave them in the Downloads, from which you can occasionally purge things you no longer will need to be accessing....