SOLVED

Issue filling with color between two lines in graph

Copper Contributor

Dear community,

I'm having an issue when filling with color between two lines in a graph.

I've seen the websites with solutions using stacked areas. But my graph is not showing properly.

The graph tracks values for a series between September 3rd and December 31st (data to be completed as becomes available).

Starting in October 1st, two new series appear that show an upper and lower bound. I want to color the area between these two lines. However, there is some coloring going from zero to the upper bound on the data point before the coloring should start.

I can not get rid of this. The same issue happens if I use a scatter plot to build the lines.

I attach the excel file with the graph. Below is an image showing the issue.

I would appreciate if someone can point me in the right direction to remove the extra coloring and have a colored shade only between the two lines.

Fx.png

-NC

5 Replies
Thank you Sergei. I much appreciate you sharing that link. I've seen that explanation, as a number of others as well. However, unless I missed it, it does not deal with my issue. I do not need to color between two lines for the whole domain of the horizontal axis. Only for a series that covers a part of it. Let's say the chart has 100 periods. And that I need to color between two lines that start in period 30. There is some coloring going on between period 29 and period 30 that I would like to remove. That's what I've marked in the picture I attached to my post. The examples I've seen do not run into this issue because they color for all 100 periods (or observations) and, therefore, this issues does not arise. If anyone knows how to deal with this I will appreciate the help. -NC
best response confirmed by ncachanosky (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Please check the attached file. This is the best I could achieve however you can try by manupilating the values.

Erol,

Thank you for having a look at this.

This worked just fine!

Have a nice weekend.

-NC

I'm sorry but the approach in the linked post covers your case. Here is the sample which literally repeats all steps, all you need that's to play with numbers a bit

image.png

Please see in attached file

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by ncachanosky (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Please check the attached file. This is the best I could achieve however you can try by manupilating the values.

View solution in original post