Is there a way to create Macros Buttons to add? e.g. clicking for inventory

Copper Contributor

Hi Everyone,

Each month, I end up spending 4-5 hours counting/entering liquor inventory for my job.  I have a spreadsheet that will calculate the entered amounts x cost per to give me the total on hand.  My query that I haven't been able to comprehend a solution, or find one online/via tutorials is as such.  

Is there a way, for me to create a button with an assigned value, and a macros that would help total?  E.g. The orange is an example of what I have now, but, I have to physically write down my totals of ea. bottle, (1, 1.5, 3.2, etc.)  Then, I have to enter those counts into my spreadsheet.  Now that I have access to a tablet, I was trying to figure out how to create Macros Buttons for the counts (1,2,3,4 and the partial measurements,)  I'm trying to see if there's a way that if I created & clicked on e.g. (the buttons for 1, and 1/8,) if the Macros would total that to 1 1/8 in the total bottles cell, where my sum formula would then take over? 

I wasn't sure if a button would be the way to go, or if there was another type of Macros that would essentially be a "fill in dot, like when taking a survey, or form."  I'm having trouble finding a similar example and/or solution online, or tutorials, I've even tried recording the process, but no luck.

In case you haven't noticed, I'm also apparently struggling to find how to attach a file to show the basic example of my spreadsheet pictured in the image below.  

Any suggestions or guidance would be appreciated,  thank you in advance for your knowledge and consideration.

Natertot

test image.PNG

0 Replies