Inserting Excel in Word

Copper Contributor

Both Excel and Word are written in Visual Basic, and I can insert a Word document into an Excel worksheet. Is it possible to take an Excel value from a cell and insert it into a specific place in a Word document?

3 Replies

In fact, Excel and all other Office applications are written mainly in C++ which is a powerful and high-performance programming language, so we have a powerful software like Excel.

Visual Basic has a derived programming language called: Visual Basic for Applications (VBA), and it's the scripting language of the Excel, it used to automate tasks in Excel, and to create advanced solutions for some problems that cannot be solved with the Excel standard features and tools, and to create an Excel Add-ins.

You may have thought that the Excel is written in this language, but it's not!

However, you can embed a Word document into Excel, please follow this link to learn how.

With regard to your question: (Is it possible to take an Excel value from a cell and insert it into a specific place in a Word document?).

I don't think that you mean the simple copy and paste operation, but you mean link Excel to Word, so you can use something called: Mail merge to link data from Excel to Word.

Hi Frank,

1) Copy the cell (or range) in Excel

2) In Word under the Paste select Paste Special, after that Paste Link and desired format

PasteLink.JPG

@Sergei Baklan Hi, how to mass update the destination word field when the excel source cell changes? I dont want to update link for every occurence! thanksupdatelink.png