INSERT TEXT FROM FILE troubles Word 2020 Windows 10

Copper Contributor

Hi! I am using word and excel 2020 on windows 10. 

I am experiencing troubles while trying to insert a worksheet from excel to my word document.

I am selecting insert > object > text from file, then I am selecting my Excel file and in the range I write either the name of a worksheet or the range of cells (eg: A1:A7), but neither of the options work. 

It is written that "Word found unreadable content in "name of the file. Do you want to recover the content of the file" and I press YES. And then another error message appears saying "Word has encountered problems" .

I find it very strange, because I did the same commands on my Mac OS yesterday, and it worked.

Has anyone experienced that and if yes, how did you resolved it?

Cheers

4 Replies

@dfhidromod 

The Windows version of Word doesn't consider an Excel workbook to be "text".

Instead, do the following:

• Open the workbook in Excel.
  • Select the range.
  • Copy it.
  • Switch to Word.
  • Click where you want to insert the range.
  • Paste.
  • If you want more control over how the range is pasted, click the lower half of the Paste button and select one of the options or click Paste Special...
Thanks a lot for your help! However, I wanted to do it with the insert feature because I wanted to create macros after and create a super rapid way of adding elements from my excel file into my word doc.
Do you have any idea of how to do this kind of "automatized" way of importing excel cells into word doc?
Thanks a lot! :)