insert specific date

Copper Contributor

hy please help .. i have sequence of fiscal years starting 1st july of each year. i have to insert a specific date in between fiscal year where the date belongs. for example i have to insert date 20 oct 2010. there must be inserted row between 1 july 2010 and 1 july 2011 and in new row there must be date like in this case 20 oct 2010. please do share if any one has solution

5 Replies

Hello, 

what is the problem? Insert a row and enter the date. 

Or is it more complex than that? Can you describe in more detail?

i want to use a nested if function to check a cell for any value if not another one if no value another one and if the 3 cells has no value return blank

When you say that you want to use a nested IF function, you are asking about an attempted solution rather than about the underlying problem. This is called an XY problem and it can lead to wasting time and frustration for you and the people who are trying to help you.

For one: it is hard to visualise what you want to achieve. Please post a sample file and explain in context.

For two: don't prescribe what formula should be used to provide the solution. Just describe what you want to achieve and be open for approaches that may differ from what you have tried (and what is not working, else why would you ask here).

Please find the attached Help file. I want if I enter date 20 OCT 2010 in cell J6  then automaticall insert row beteween 01 JULY 2009 and 01 July 2010 as it belongs to such period and in new cell between above dates , 20 oct 2010 inserted. 

thanks

Well, the dates in column A are not generated by a formula, but have been entered manually. There is no relationship to cell J6. It looks like inserting a row and copying the formulas down might be the easiest approach.

The columns seem to have a mix of formulas and hard-coded values, though and it is not quite clear why formulas have been overwritten.