Insert Comments in Excel 2019 with reply function

Copper Contributor

Hi,

New to here,

I had both version of office home and student 2019 and office 365 in 2 different PC.

I notice that in Excel 2019 whenever I insert "Comments", it is adding something similar to "Note" in excel 365. Is there possible for me to add in comments with reply function in Excel 2019 which exactly the same in excel 365? Or in excel 2019 is not possible to do that due to version constrain?

Thanks

1 Reply

@cct_eddie 

The Reply functionality you are referring to is known as "Threaded Comments".  These have a purple indicator in the corner of the cell as opposed to the regular red indicator.  It is designed to allow users to communicate using the "Live collaboration" tools when the file is stored in OneDrive, SharePoint, or Teams (which is the Documents Library in SharePoint), etc.

This functionality is exclusive to Excel 365 and Excel Online.  It is not going to be included in any perpetual version of Excel including 2019. 

Microsoft Link: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/the-difference-between-threaded-comments-and-notes-75a51e...