insert a planner in your excel sheet

Copper Contributor

@muraly64 How to insert a planner / calendar in an excel sheet. This is required to prepare a diary for teaching in different subjects.

7 Replies
There are multiple calendar templates available for Excel.

Beyond that, however, it would be a lot easier to help you if you helped us by describing what your hypothetical planner/calendar might look like. At the very least a provide us with a sketch. Assuming you've at least attempted something manually in Excel, post that spreadsheet.

@muraly64 

As Mr. John Alsdorf (@mathetes) told you, what exactly do you want to accomplish?

Any file as a template?

Here are some templates to choose / think about / why not to use.

Calendars Templates for choice

Excel calendar templates

Excel for Microsoft 365 Excel for the web Excel 2019 Excel 2016 Excel 2013 Excel 2010 Excel 2007

Many calendar templates are available for use in Microsoft Excel. A template provides a basic calendar layout that you can easily adapt for your needs.

An Excel calendar template may have one or more of these features:

• Twelve months in one or separate worksheets.

• Thirteen months starting with July or August and ending with July or August of the next year to represent a school year.

• Calendar printing on one page or twelve pages (thirteen pages for school year calendars).

• Display of weekdays from Sunday to Saturday or from Monday to Sunday.

• Portrait or landscape orientation for printed pages.

• A ruled column for notes.

• A vacation planner.

• To-do lists.

• Task trackers.

• Budget trackers.

• Daily schedule tracker.

Download a calendar template:

Browse through the calendar templates, choose an Excel calendar template that is best for you. Click the Download button on the template page, open the template file in Excel, and then edit and save your calendar.

Note: By default, a template file download goes into the Downloads folder on your computer. You may want to copy the template file to a different location so that you can easily find it later.

Need more help?

You can always ask an expert in the Excel Tech Community or get support in the Answers community.

See Also

Create a calendar by using a template

I would be happy to know if I could help.

Nikolino

I know I don't know anything (Socrates)

* Kindly Mark and Vote any reply if it helps please, as it will be beneficial to more Community members reading here.

@mathetes I have attached the excel file here. One Sheet contains data and another sheet contains table.

I shall further make additions to each subject as to what are the topics that shall be taught on each working day. Dates on which Various assessment test like First Unit Assessment, First Terminal Exam, Second Unit Assessment and Second Terminal Exam etc. And ultimately I want to get the diary printed wherein details of full years schedule of teaching (Topic-wise, subject-wise) and various exam and Holidays are all included.

@NikolinoDE I have attached the excel file here. One Sheet contains data and another sheet contains table.

I shall further make additions to each subject as to what are the topics that shall be taught on each working day. Dates on which Various assessment test like First Unit Assessment, First Terminal Exam, Second Unit Assessment and Second Terminal Exam etc. And ultimately I want to get the diary printed wherein details of full years schedule of teaching (Topic-wise, subject-wise) and various exam and Holidays are all included.
Please see the file of diary attached to the reply given to @mathetes
And what exactly do you want done with all of this that you haven't already done with your pivot table? That looks like a reasonable solution. Also a little like "overkill"--i.e., given the repetitions between days of the week, weeks of the month, months of the year, I'm wondering what purpose all the detail serves.
Please wait for a while. I shall let you know as to what exactly i am trying to do. At present, my effort may be labelled as trial and error.
Trial and error is a great way--seriously--to use things like Pivot Table in seeking to summarize a big database.