SOLVED

Inporting PDF files into Excell

Copper Contributor

Does anyone know how to import a PDF file (a form) into Excell?  I's desperately trying to find a way to adjust the margins in a PDF file and this was suggested as one way to do it.  Many thanks/Cece

2 Replies
best response confirmed by allyreckerman (Microsoft)
Solution

@Clheins 

As far as I know, the option is only available in Excel from Office 365

(version with subscription and in the foreseeable future with a high degree of probability to all subscription versions).

When you have the version,

go to Get Data / From File / From PDF / From PDF in the Data tab.

Select the file that contains the data to be imported.

Add a PDF to your Office file

Alternatively, if you don't have the version, you can use a third-party converter tool to convert the PDF file to an Office file format, make the changes, and then save the file back in PDF format. You can purchase a PDF converter from the Office Store.

You can also use Adobe Acrobat. See Adobe Acrobat for more information.

I would be happy to know if I could help.

Nikolino

I know I don't know anything (Socrates)

* Kindly Mark and Vote this reply if it helps please, as it will be beneficial to more Community members reading here.

Thank you for your response.  I will try out your suggestions.  Yes, this is very helpful.  Thank you again, C/

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by allyreckerman (Microsoft)
Solution

@Clheins 

As far as I know, the option is only available in Excel from Office 365

(version with subscription and in the foreseeable future with a high degree of probability to all subscription versions).

When you have the version,

go to Get Data / From File / From PDF / From PDF in the Data tab.

Select the file that contains the data to be imported.

Add a PDF to your Office file

Alternatively, if you don't have the version, you can use a third-party converter tool to convert the PDF file to an Office file format, make the changes, and then save the file back in PDF format. You can purchase a PDF converter from the Office Store.

You can also use Adobe Acrobat. See Adobe Acrobat for more information.

I would be happy to know if I could help.

Nikolino

I know I don't know anything (Socrates)

* Kindly Mark and Vote this reply if it helps please, as it will be beneficial to more Community members reading here.

View solution in original post