SOLVED

INDEX, MATCH with Combo-box

Iron Contributor

Hi Experts,

Need a help, in Sheet1, I want to create a formula in B8 such that if in B13 (channel Bandwidth-chbw) is set to 10 then RB should be 24 and so on from another sheet(Sheet2 table)

anupambit1797_0-1682349333088.pnganupambit1797_1-1682349365419.png

Thanks in Advance,

Br,

Anupam

3 Replies
best response confirmed by Hans Vogelaar (MVP)
Solution

Hi @anupambit1797 ,

Please, check if it works for you. Note that I removed your select list and just added a Data Validation containing the list of CHBW from Sheet2, just to make the connection with B13 easier (let me know if this change is a possibility for your use). 

The formula is a VLOOKUP, but I added an IFERROR just to prevent a "#N/A" result if you let the cell empty.

=IFERROR(VLOOKUP(B13, Sheet2!A2:B11, 2, FALSE), "")

Let me know if it helps or if you need any changes on the file.

Thanks @rzaneti, yes it works :)
Also, is it possible to use OFFSET function in B8 to achieve this?

@anupambit1797 

I wouldn't recommend using OFFSET for this, since it is a volatile function. But if you must:

=IFERROR(OFFSET(Sheet2!B1,MATCH(B13,Sheet2!A2:A11,0),0),"")

Better would be

=IFERROR(INDEX(Sheet2!B2:B11,MATCH(B13,Sheet2!A2:A11,0)),"")

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Hans Vogelaar (MVP)
Solution

Hi @anupambit1797 ,

Please, check if it works for you. Note that I removed your select list and just added a Data Validation containing the list of CHBW from Sheet2, just to make the connection with B13 easier (let me know if this change is a possibility for your use). 

The formula is a VLOOKUP, but I added an IFERROR just to prevent a "#N/A" result if you let the cell empty.

=IFERROR(VLOOKUP(B13, Sheet2!A2:B11, 2, FALSE), "")

Let me know if it helps or if you need any changes on the file.

View solution in original post