SOLVED

INDEX MATCH column limit

Copper Contributor

i am a newbie and searched for answer but did not see it - so I appreciate assistance...

I am doing a index match function - but I believe I am running into a limit in the column lookup to get my answer - my away is about 400 columns...the column with the answer is in column DA....my formula works well up to column CZ - but when it goes to DA is get #ref!...I attempted to use a column Number (105), a vlookup, and column Title (DA1) - all come back as ref...I appreciate any assistance - thanks in advancethe red numbers return ref answerthe red numbers return ref answer

2 Replies
best response confirmed by gogglespasaino (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@gogglespasaino 

Your matrix is from column A to column CZ which correspond to columns 1 to 104.

The formula part which calculates the column is COLUMN(DA1) which corresponds to column 105.

Can you spot the problem?

@Detlef Lewin 

THANK YOU so much - I cannot believe I missed that - after looking at it for about 2 hours !!! - LOL...

I have the same formula on multiple tabs...and the data on those arrays goes to CJ - so I thought CZ would have been fine (when I BLINDLY copies and pasted the formula) - not even realizing the data on the array that I am currently working on goes to column "HV"...AGAIN VERY MUCH APPRECIATED - my stress level as been reduced - all the best !!!!!

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by gogglespasaino (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@gogglespasaino 

Your matrix is from column A to column CZ which correspond to columns 1 to 104.

The formula part which calculates the column is COLUMN(DA1) which corresponds to column 105.

Can you spot the problem?

View solution in original post