SOLVED

Index Lookup Match Formula

Copper Contributor

Hi, I'm at a loss, been trying to figure out the formula for this.

Basically I need to get the time that John and Eddy spent on their lunch and break and display it on the table on the right side.

I hope someone can help me with this. I have also attached the file.

Capture1.PNG

4 Replies
Just as an approach, maybe it fits :)
=SUMIF(F9:F25,"Break 1",H9:H25)

Wish you a nice day.

Nikolino
I know I don't know anything (Socrates)

@NikolinoDE hi and thank you for the reply, I forgot to tell that I get the report everyday and everyday the report changes like the cells of Break 1 and Lunch almost always change, so what I need is:

1: Look for the name

2: Then look for the Break 1 Cell and get the value

3: look for the Lunch Cell then get the value

So the formula kinda like requires the Index, Match and Lookup

kinda like this
=INDEX(INDEX(G:G,MATCH(AK13,A:A,0)):Q500,MATCH("Break 1",INDEX(A:A,MATCH(AK13,A:A,0)):A500,0))
best response confirmed by martin1230 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@martin1230 

Please try it.
I am almost certain that there is a mistake somewhere ... but I don’t have the time to take care of it anymore.

please excuse me in advance.

I wish you continued success with Excel (the coolest invention since chocola... uh ... Microsoft! :-)))

And...Please  keep asking here - I just taught myself Excel with the help of this forum...nearly :)

I would be happy to know if I could help.

Nikolino

* Kindly Mark and Vote this reply if it helps please, as it will be beneficial to more Community members reading here

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by martin1230 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@martin1230 

Please try it.
I am almost certain that there is a mistake somewhere ... but I don’t have the time to take care of it anymore.

please excuse me in advance.

I wish you continued success with Excel (the coolest invention since chocola... uh ... Microsoft! :-)))

And...Please  keep asking here - I just taught myself Excel with the help of this forum...nearly :)

I would be happy to know if I could help.

Nikolino

* Kindly Mark and Vote this reply if it helps please, as it will be beneficial to more Community members reading here

View solution in original post