SOLVED

INDEX and IF to show value from project plan

Copper Contributor

I have a data set in the form of a project plan, and would like to create a monthly summary report of this plan as it's quite large. My excel skills are very basic and I think I'm in over my head! 

The first picture is the layout I have for the plan and the second picture is what I want to extract into a table. In the second picture I've written in the cell in plain text what I would like it to return as I can't figure out the formula. The third picture is what the result should look like, but I've written it in manually to show an example. I think it would be INDEX, then IF for the arguments, then display a cell value, but I've gone around in circles watching tutorials and I'm not getting anywhere. Any help greatly appreciated. 

Picture1.pngPicture2.pngPicture3.png

3 Replies
best response confirmed by Winter308 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@Winter308 

In B6:

=FILTER('Project Stage Plan'!C6:C520,'Project Stage Plan'!J6:J520-DAY('Project Stage Plan'!J6:J520)=TODAY()-DAY(TODAY()),"")

In C6:

=FILTER('Project Stage Plan'!C6:C520,('Project Stage Plan'!I6:I520<TODAY())*('Project Stage Plan'!E6:E520<100%),"")

In D6:

=FILTER('Project Stage Plan'!C6:C520,('Project Stage Plan'!I6:I520>=TODAY())*('Project Stage Plan'!I6:I520<=TODAY()+14)*('Project Stage Plan'!E6:E520<100%),"")

@Hans Vogelaar 

These work perfectly, thank you. 

Can you help me understand B6:

=FILTER('Project Stage Plan'!C6:C520,'Project Stage Plan'!J6:J520-DAY('Project Stage Plan'!J6:J520)=TODAY()-DAY(TODAY()),"")

Which part of the formula defines the date range?

It's currently correctly pulling out everything completed in Feb. If send this report at the end of March for example, will it automatically look at March or do I need to update a part of the formula?

So for example it should be from the first day of the current month to the last day of the current month.

Thank you 

@Winter308 

The formula will always look at the current month: February of 2022 now, March of 2022 next month, etc.

The "trick" is using date-DAY(date). This returns the last day of the month before date.

So 'Project Stage Plan'!J6:J520-DAY('Project Stage Plan'!J6:J520 returns the last day of the month before each completion date, and TODAY()-DAY(TODAY()) returns the last day of the month before the current date. If these are equal, the dates are in the same month.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Winter308 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@Winter308 

In B6:

In C6:

=FILTER('Project Stage Plan'!C6:C520,('Project Stage Plan'!I6:I520<TODAY())*('Project Stage Plan'!E6:E520<100%),"")

In D6:

=FILTER('Project Stage Plan'!C6:C520,('Project Stage Plan'!I6:I520>=TODAY())*('Project Stage Plan'!I6:I520<=TODAY()+14)*('Project Stage Plan'!E6:E520<100%),"")

View solution in original post