12-20-2019 10:57 AM
12-20-2019 10:57 AM
Hello So I have TWO Issues.
Issue #1: My formula in columns F(Outbound), G(Inbound), and H(Total) is only working properly for "Jennifer" AND only up until there is a interruption of chronological order in DATE from the reference data
Issue #2: Due to the reference data not having dates consistently chronologically listed as soon as my INDEX & MATCH formula hits a date not in order from the reference data it will #N/A
What in SAM HILL TARNATION is going on?!?!?!
12-20-2019 11:32 AMSolution
The formula you use isn't correct, and some dates in column N are treated as text not as numeric dates.
Please check out the fix in the attached file.
12-20-2019 11:34 AM
@shade206Performing a match on two conditions like this with an agent and a date whilst returning a numeric value could be done easier with a SUMIFS such as below.
12-20-2019 11:36 AM
12-20-2019 11:46 AM
Thank you for the Formula Fix!
Follow-up: In this example i have like 30 rows of data, but in my actual spreadsheet i have around 6000... how can i fix ALL the dates to be treated as "Date" or Text" in one swoop without selecting all changing their format and than manually retyping date for 6000 rows? @Haytham Amairah
12-20-2019 11:52 AM
@shade206The dates in this example were stored as text because they were in a MM-DD-YYYY and not a DD-MM-YYYY format.
The easiest way to convert them is to select them and use Text to Column. The final step provides a option to convert dates quickly.
12-20-2019 12:05 PM
What steps did you EXACTLY take to fix the dates in the sample i sent you?
I've been told the solution to my dates problem before and no matter what I do even following yours and Allan's lead right now i'm unable to fix the dates problem aside from individually formatting the cells and than retyping in the correct date which is not feasible for 6000 rows... you have the 30 rows from the sample, what did you to in those 30 rows as i see their Syntax is still the same @Haytham Amairah
12-20-2019 12:11 PM
12-20-2019 12:19 PM
Thank you sir, that does most definitely work in the sample, but sadly those same steps will not correct the issue in my actual worksheet.... its odd because i deliberately copied the dates from my actual worksheet into the sample... @Alan Murray
12-20-2019 12:25 PM
12-20-2019 12:33 PM
Check out this link to see how I fix the dates:
If that doesn't help, the reason may be that there are inconsistent dates in your complete data.
If you can provide us with a sufficient sample to see what the problem is.
12-20-2019 09:58 PM - edited 12-20-2019 10:02 PM
12-21-2019 05:16 AM
@shade206Yes, you have some inconsistent dates. Some UK format and others in US. I am using a UK system format. So mine recognises the D-M-Y an stores anything else as text.
In the attached file, I used a formula in the last column to check if the date was seen as numeric or text. Then I filtered the list t only show the non-numerics.
Then I selected those, used Go To Special to be sure that visible cells only was selected. And did the Text to Columns approach mention on previous replies.
You have some dates that do not appear in the source producing #N/A errors. You can use the IFNA or IFERROR formula to replace these with something more useful.
I hope this helps.