Importing a sheet from encrypted .xlsx protected file in Excel 2010.

Copper Contributor
I have a rather large and complicated .xlsx spreadsheet that is used to manage the periotic replacement of assets in our fleet. I have tied this into numerous external sources with great success, and I would like to identify which assets have additional specifically licensed software associated with them that is contained in another encrypted (for obvious reasons) .xlsx spreadsheet that is constantly being updated by another team.

I can not for the life of me work out how to automatically import the data from this encrypted file providing the password, none of the normal methods seam work and I would like to avoid turning it into a macro enabled file if at all possable. Am I missing something?
Note: Sorry I am unable to post the file as it would take a month to deidentify the data.
2 Replies
I would remove protection and move the protected file to a location where only designated people in the organisation have access to because the only other way to solve this issue is by providing the password, either through entering by hand or by VBA code.
I did remove the password to setup a working import to the file to make sure it wasnt the file itself that was the issue (ie file made with a 2007 file converter on instance of 2003 office as its a long standing practice), but the import works fine soon as its disabled.

Yes that would solve the issue but due to the location and the number of authorised people accessing the file its not really practical. We have a rule of no specific permisions below the 4th directory deep on a drive and I would have to move it well out of a relevent location to do it that way.