SOLVED

Import data from Web

Brass Contributor

Hi...I would like to import data from a website to Excel. The problem is that when the url loads, there are only a fixed number of entries and then a LOAD MORE button is seen. When we click the LOAD MORE button, next set of entries is added to the previous table. There are close to 2000 rows. How do I directly import such data to my Excel. Thank you.

P.S. There is no visible change in the url

8 Replies
Does it have to be the full list?
I have a solution in case you want to only load specific "coins", even if they are below row 200

@PascalKTeam 

Actually the list is updated every now and then with the influx/outflux of new coins/old coins. But I would like to also know how you propose to just do it with certain rows. Thanks.

Hi @Jodhvir 

Attached file only loads Bitcoin and Ethereum, you can see the details in Power Query. This doesn't solve your initial issue but maybe it's still of some value

@Jodhvir 

Hello, I imported the data from the website you provided into the Power Query. Then, load the same data into Excel. Though, the first 200 records were loaded. Did this using Excel and Power BI. Still the same result.

See the attached Excel workbook

best response confirmed by Jodhvir (Brass Contributor)
Solution

@Jodhvir 

That java script updates the table on web site without changing the URL and Power Query doesn't handle such table directly. @Liam Bastick published the trick within Power BI MVP Book

image.png

Thanks a lot. I will definitely have a look at the solution the book provides.
This does not fulfill the purpose..anyway thank you for the reply.
I probably will need this type of data as well, sometime in the future. Thank you for the reply.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Jodhvir (Brass Contributor)
Solution

@Jodhvir 

That java script updates the table on web site without changing the URL and Power Query doesn't handle such table directly. @Liam Bastick published the trick within Power BI MVP Book

image.png

View solution in original post