Im trying to match and replace values from a list

Copper Contributor

I have a large dataset where I need to match a distance along a line and replace it with a pair of coordinates, but each distance has multiple depths. For example:

A        B        C        D

1        0         0        0

2        0         0        1

3        0         1        0

4        0         1        1

5        0         1        2

2        1

3        1

4        1

3        2

So, I have my data in distance and depth (Columns A and B), but I want it in the corresponding coordinates and depth for a final output of Column C, Column D, Column B. The issues that I'm having is that the layers taper, so they aren't the same size, and its a massive data set. I am trying to find a way to search the Column A so that, for instance, everywhere where the distance is 2, I can assign the corresponding coordinates, in this case (0,1), for that distance. My data set has distances ranging from 0-1665, so repetitive find and replace isn't really an option.

I hope that makes sense and thanks for any guidance you can provide.

1 Reply

@jeffheenan It is not clear what you are doing and what the targeted result is. The case you referenced had the value in column B first, then the "," and the column A value second.
This is a snap of an example that may achieve what you are trying to do or will be helpful in some way.

Rodney_Barnett_0-1646524852027.png