IFS function not working

Copper Contributor

I have transferred a Googlesheet to excel and found the IFS functions aren't working.  I have read a lot one the posts on this forum and made sure I am one the latest version of Excel and using Office 365 so that isn't the problem.

Upon transfer Excel has placed an "@" in front of "IFS" and each of the table names within the calculations affected.  Even if I take the "@" signs out the calculation always returns a zero.  Upon transfer from Googlesheets the figures within each cell are shown but as soon as you click on the cell the value 0 is returned into the field.  I have also made sure all of the date fields in the calculation are the same mmm-yy format.

Can someone help please?  Is the issue to do with formats?

6 Replies
Can you show the formula please? Or -even better- upload a sanitized copy of the file?

@Jan Karel Pieterse below the calculation.  Difficult for me to upload the file as it is a company confidential document.  Thank you.

=IFS(OR($E1888<$F$6,period_assumptions<$F$6,MONTH(period_assumptions)<>MONTH($E1888),$E1888>period_assumptions),0,period_assumptions=$E1888,W1042*VLOOKUP(YEAR(period_assumptions),table_premium_charged,2,FALSE),AND(MONTH(period_assumptions)=MONTH($E1888),period_assumptions>$E1888),W1324*VLOOKUP(YEAR(period_assumptions),table_premium_charged,2,FALSE))

What is the definition of period_assumptions?

@Jan Karel Pieterse period_assumptions is table (across columns) of dates from July 2020 to June 2027 in the format mmm-yy.

@Jan Karel Pieterse all the dates in referenced in the formula are in the same mmm-yy format.

Without having access to at least part of your file this is impossible to troubleshoot I'm afraid.