if problem

Copper Contributor

Hi...I have a PROBLEM with this formula.I tried to figure out were is the problem,but couldn't fix it.I done this as a teacher from youtube,but for me not working.Sorry for Excel language2021-12-17.png

13 Replies

@marijana820 

In Europe, most countries use semicolon ; to separate the arguments of a function:

=IF(D2="Full Time";1000;500)

@marijana820 I suspect that IF is not recognised by your localised Excel version, and perhaps the commas need to be replaced by semi-colons. Have a look at the attached file. It will translate to your locale automatically.

@Hans Vogelaar Yes,that's right,but for me it's comma.I've already tried with semi-colon,and it's not working.Also there says should use comma as a separator

Yeah it's very confusing.I've tried with attached file,but still the same.And in this version of Excel should use commas

@marijana820 Okay! But what do you see when you open my file?

@marijana820 It shows me this2021-12-17 (1).png

@marijana820 Well, isn't that what you want? Seems to work just fine.

@marijana820 Did you perhaps, accidentally, add a space (or more than one) after the last bracket? If so, remove them.

Yes,but when I try to do the same,it's not working..Showing errror
THANKS...I will check now

@Riny_van_Eekelen I think I done it correct but still not working for me2021-12-17 (2).png

@marijana820 I meant in your file. Mine works, I can see that. But when I add a space at the end, I get the same error as what you showed. So, look in your file and make sure that you did not accidentally add a space in the end.

@Riny_van_Eekelen I checked carefully,and everything is done well,but it still shows error.Maybe there is something wrong with my Excel.