SOLVED

IF Functions & VLOOKUP Help needed

Brass Contributor

Hi everyone, 

I'm trying to revamp something and I need some assistance.  I have an excel file 'productivity tracker' (I did not create the original) where on 'RAW' I have all my raw information.  

I've got an IF Equation where if column N (Tracking Type) equals 'Self-Reported Time' then it will calculate the the self-reported processing time and all is good.  What I NEED to figure out, is to have an equation where it does AND reads Column "O" and "P" (Service Level 1 & 2) then does a VLOOKUP on the 'Expectations' tab and reads the expectations in minutes for Service Level 1 & 2. 

So basically: If it is a Self-Reported Time - then it just calculates the processing time * task volume - easy peezy, but if it a 'Salesforce Cases' - then Column "U" (Resources) reads Service Level 1 & 2, and then looks up the expectations in minutes.   

I've attached the file because I understand that my description is impossible to understand without the file.  

Can anyone assist please? 

3 Replies
best response confirmed by NeilKloster (Brass Contributor)
Solution

@NeilKloster 

That could be

=IF([@[Tracking Type]]="Self-Reported Time",[@[Processing Time]],
  INDEX(Shared_Services_Expectations[Expectations (Hours)],
        MATCH([@[Service Level 1]]&[@[Service Level 2]],
              Shared_Services_Expectations[Category Level 1]&Shared_Services_Expectations[Category Level 2],
 0)))*[@[Service Count]]

(in U2)

@Sergei Baklan 

This worked perfectly!!  Thank you!! 

I may reach out as I continue to navigate this, but thank you again - this helped get me over a large hurdle! 

@NeilKloster 

Glad it helped, you are welcome

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by NeilKloster (Brass Contributor)
Solution

@NeilKloster 

That could be

=IF([@[Tracking Type]]="Self-Reported Time",[@[Processing Time]],
  INDEX(Shared_Services_Expectations[Expectations (Hours)],
        MATCH([@[Service Level 1]]&[@[Service Level 2]],
              Shared_Services_Expectations[Category Level 1]&Shared_Services_Expectations[Category Level 2],
 0)))*[@[Service Count]]

(in U2)

View solution in original post