IF formula

Copper Contributor

I have been trying to write an "IF" formula. Every time that I enter, I get an error. What I want the formula to do is that when there is multiply selection to put certain words in a cell. My formula is as follows, =IF(AND((Q4>=0,Q4<=5)), “Low” ,IF(AND((Q4>=6,Q4<=16)), “Medium”, IF(AND((Q4>=16,Q4<=32)), “High” ,IF(AND((Q4>=33,Q4<=40)), “Critical”, “ “)).  It highlights the “0” in the first part of the formula. If some one can assist me with it as to see where am I doing something wrong.

4 Replies

@JR-Ross1967 Much of the brackets are in the wrong place. Try this:

=IF(AND(Q4>=0,Q4<=5),"Low",IF(AND(Q4>=6,Q4<=16), "Medium", IF(AND(Q4>=16,Q4<=32), "High",IF(AND(Q4>=33,Q4<=40), "Critical", ""))))

@Riny_van_Eekelen Tahnks, I have tried it and it still give me the error message and then when I click on OK it take me to the "0" in the first part of the formula. 

@JR-Ross1967 Have a look at the attached file. It has the formula in it and it seems to work as intended.

Thanks, it looks like that there is something wrong in the file where I try to use the formula. Because when I copied the formula it gives me the same error, but when I copy the cell and paste it then it works 100%