IF formula

Copper Contributor

Hello,

I am pretty new to Excel and I am kinda lazy and that is what my problems refers to.

I am using an common IF formula, see the following example:

=IF(VLOOKUP(Q$4;'Input ZUF Soll'!$B$68:$O$85;3;FALSE)=0;" ";(value if false))

Now i want as a "value if false" the value of "VLOOKUP(Q$4;'Input ZUF Soll'!$B$68:$O$85;3;FALSE)" without using this entire formula again. So I want an expression for the "value if false" like "take the value of the logical test".  "value if false" is required, so if I just don´t type anything into the formula it is, not surprising, false.

Thanks for your help and I hope you understand me:)

Kind regards

Aaron

2 Replies
You'd help us help you if you would be so kind as to post a copy of the spreadsheet in which you're wanting this "lazy" formula. I'm going to point you in the direction, but without having the data you're working with, I can't test what I'm suggesting. The new LET function is what you want. Something like this (and you will need to have the most current version of Excel):
=LET(VIF,VLOOKUP(Q$4;'Input ZUF Soll'!$B$68:$O$85;3;FALSE)=0,.......

Here, since I'll follow your lead and be lazy, is a reference that might help you. LET is incredibly powerful. If you still need help, let me suggest again that it's a lot easier to provide a working example if you'll provide us with something to work with.
https://exceljet.net/excel-functions/excel-let-function

@mathetes 
Thanks a lot, this answer already helped me:) Have a nice week!