SOLVED

IF Formula assistance

Brass Contributor

Hello, 

I have an IF statement under my 'RAW' tab and I think that should be a quick fix for this group: 

The IF statement under my 'Resources' column does exactly I want it to, but I have my 'Resource Hours' column set to ([Resources]*60) to show in minutes.  This works great if I have Salesforce cases represented, but if it is 'Self-Reported Time' - then not sure much, because I just want the raw processing time.  How can I fix this?

example 1.jpg

I'm also attaching a copy of my file to see if anyone can help me out?

Basically, everything works as it should EXCEPT if I have a 'Self-Reported entry' - I need a formula that will just read the processing time (WITHOUT) multiplying it by 60.  

Any thoughts?

8 Replies
best response confirmed by NeilKloster (Brass Contributor)
Solution

@NeilKloster 

Use this formula for Resource Hours:

=[@Resources]*IF([@[Tracking Type]]="Self-Reported Time",1,60)

Boom!! Thank you!!
@Hans Vogelaar

Apologies - but I have another issue that I just noticed. For my 'Resource' Column, I then need it divide that raw processing time for those 'Self-Reported Cases' by 60. What change would I need to make?

@NeilKloster 

I think

=IF([@[Tracking Type]]="Self-Reported Time",[@[Processing Time]]/60, INDEX(Shared_Services_Expectations[Expectations (Hours)], MATCH([@[Service Level 1]]&[@[Service Level 2]], Shared_Services_Expectations[Category Level 1]&Shared_Services_Expectations[Category Level 2], 0)))*[@[Service Count]]

but there seems to be a problem with referring to the Shared_Services_Expectations table - the formula somehow doesn't recognize it. Perhaps it's just my PC.

@Hans Vogelaar 

It's not just your PC.  It does this to the Resource Hours Column: 

example 2.jpg

Which granted is not a HUGE deal - it all still works, but would rather figure out a way to just have the processing time show there if it is a Self-Reported entry.  Not sure if there is a way to figure that piece out or not?  

Appreciate your help! 

@Hans Vogelaar 

Attached is another file - similar concept, different processes - but here is the formula that they used under the RAW tab: 

=IF([@[Service Type]]="Self-Reported Time",[@[Processing Time]],VLOOKUP([@Service],Expectations[#All],2,FALSE)*[@[Service Count]]) 

Not sure how to get that to translate over to mine or not?  Also not sure why my expectations table will not connect as well?

@NeilKloster 

I think we were making it too complicated. See the attached version.

@Hans Vogelaar - you are amazing! And yes, looks like we were! Thank you SO much for the assistance.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by NeilKloster (Brass Contributor)
Solution

@NeilKloster 

Use this formula for Resource Hours:

=[@Resources]*IF([@[Tracking Type]]="Self-Reported Time",1,60)

View solution in original post