I would like to know if a function is available.

Copper Contributor

Hi Everyone, sorry if this post is the wrong format.  I am trying to create a spread sheet for Tenders in my field.  I have a drop down list for all the possible tenders.  is it possible for when one item on the list is selected, below auto populates from another tab in excel.  I was hoping to add each tender in the drop down list as a separate tab.  

Thank you!

1 Reply

@Cameron85 

You've had quite a few views since yesterday and no responses. That often indicates that people who would normally be willing to help are just confused by what you've written. I know I am.

So let me suggest that you upload the spreadsheet you have (so long as it contains no confidential information; if it does, then create a mock up that represents your situation, but is anonymous), and then describe a bit more fully what it is you're trying to do.

I see at least two desired outcomes so far:

1. to select some item from a drop down list and have it "auto populate from another tab"....but wonder, "auto populate" what exactly? Getting data from another tab, no problem. But I'm not visualizing what you're hoping to accomplish.
  2. "to add each tender as a separate tab"--is that what you want the selection from the drop down to do, or is it unrelated, a separate task?

All of this might become a lot clearer if you can post the spreadsheet you've got so far. It needn't be perfect (won't be), so we can see the setting. While you're at it, what exactly are "Tenders in my field"?