SOLVED

I want to enter an equation object in a cell in excel. I don't want it just floating in the sheet

Copper Contributor

I want to make an equation in excel.  Easy enough with an equation object.  But then I want it embedded inside a specific cell (not just locked into a position on top of the cell.  Is this possible?

3 Replies

Not really, sorry. You could probably find some hacky workarounds with different symbols, sizes, and super/subscript, but it would be a huge hassle. And you would't be able to stack any equation elements, like n over x.

Is there a reason you can't use the equation builder?

best response confirmed by Karl123 (Copper Contributor)
Solution
Can build eaqatioms. But I want them in a cell so they can't be accidentallyovrd. They will be headers for columns that tell me how the calculation in each columns is done. Hundreds of columns in the sheet. To easy to make mistakes. Perhaps the functionality could be added. Would this be useful to other users?

@Karl123 If you think it would be a useful feature, you can suggest it at Excel User Voice. The team actively monitors the site for suggestions. 

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Karl123 (Copper Contributor)
Solution
Can build eaqatioms. But I want them in a cell so they can't be accidentallyovrd. They will be headers for columns that tell me how the calculation in each columns is done. Hundreds of columns in the sheet. To easy to make mistakes. Perhaps the functionality could be added. Would this be useful to other users?

View solution in original post