SOLVED

I've never seen this before

Copper Contributor

We have a user that tracks all employee time in an Excel Spreadsheet that I helped create.  Today she asked me why there are lines across the top of the sheet that resize the cells as she clicked them.  I wasn't sure what she was talking about so I looked at her document.  I have no idea where these came from, and I have never seen anything like this before.  Can anyone tell me what the area in grey is across the top of all the columns?  I want to know what it is, and how it possibly got placed there.  Thank you.

2 Replies
best response confirmed by jfdpratt (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@jfdpratt 

I is a (rather strange) outline. You can click the buttons numbered 1 to 7 on the left hand side to expand/collapse columns.

You can create and remove outlines from the Outline group of the Data tab of the ribbon.

Click Ungroup > Clear Outline to remove the entire outline.

S0512.png

Thank you! That cleared it. I have never used that Option/View before so I wasn't aware of it. I will have to look into it now so I can see what it is used for. I really do appreciate the quick response.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by jfdpratt (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@jfdpratt 

I is a (rather strange) outline. You can click the buttons numbered 1 to 7 on the left hand side to expand/collapse columns.

You can create and remove outlines from the Outline group of the Data tab of the ribbon.

Click Ungroup > Clear Outline to remove the entire outline.

S0512.png

View solution in original post