I report a problem when using Excel files.

Copper Contributor

I report a problem when using Excel files. Problem description: On the disk in the Test directory, we create a data file D.xlsx, with values in the worksheet in cells: A1 = 1 ; B1 =1. In directory A we create a file P.xlsx, with links to cells A1; B1 sheet of file D.xlsx, after updating according to data from file D, the file is saved as P1.xlsx. Values in the sheet in the cells of file P1 are: A1 = 1 ; B1 =1 We open the D.xlsx file and change cell B1 to the value of 2 and save the file. Open the P.xlsx file (with links to the D.xlsx file), update according to the data from the D file and save with the data according to the links: A1 = 1 ; B1 =2. We open the P file, the data in the cells are as configured: A1 = 1 ; B1 =2. We open the P1 file (without updating it, with the P file open) with the data unchanged: A1 = 1 ; B1 =1, in the P file we observe that the value in cell B1 has changed to 1, this is an error, because it is a value that does not match the addressing in this cell.

To sum up: The value in the opened P file changes when you open the P1 file to the value of this file, saved before changing cell B1, in my opinion this is an application error. Please report this error in Excel to the Software Provider/Manufacturer for correction as part of the non-purchase product support. Attached, I send sample files confirming the reported problem. Best regards

0 Replies