SOLVED

I Need to track my gym tuition data

Copper Contributor

Hi everyone

I'm in need of help

I need to have a sheet that i can manage tuition for all my yoga students

there are different classes and the "start day" is different from person to person

i don't know what is the best formulas for this thing...

every one pay money for 12 session, i want to manage it in a sheet so when it's the last session i cant see it

can anyone please help me?

i don't know what to do

i

1 Reply
best response confirmed by Maryam-1995 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@Maryam-1995 

One sentence in your description seems like it may be saying the opposite of what you mean.

You wrote: i want to manage it in a sheet so when it's the last session i cant see it

I'm assuming you mean you actually want to be able to see it. i.e., you meant to write " i want to manage it in a sheet so when it's the last session i can see it"

Anyway, I've created a little workbook here for you. It consists of three tabs. The tab in the center, "Transactions" is where you actively track all transactions, meaning

Dates when tuition is paid

Dates when the client attends a class

Prior to entering data in the transactions database, there's a very important "background" tab called "Tables" where you will see:

• A table for client info:
    • the basic info on each client, beginning with some kind of unique ID. I created them using the person's initials (to ease the identification when you record a transaction) and a number. Then first and last name.
  • A small table for class names and tuition (assuming they could be different)
  • An even smaller table for types of transactions.

And then there's a "Summary Tracking" tab that automatically gets populated with

• each ID (when a new person is added to the Client Roster)
  • the client's name
  • Last date tuition paid
  • Class for which that tuition was paid
  • Amount of tuition for that class
  • AND, finally, the number you wanted to track: the number of attendances since that tuition was paid, where it now is programmed to highlight when the number 12 is reached. We could change that to highlight at 10 or 11 if that would be better.

Here's what that summary table is looking like now, based on some test entries:

I have not put this workbook through all its paces--there still no doubt will be an occasional glitch (bug), but it's a start.  I should warn you, though, that it relies on a few functions that are only available in the newest versions of Excel, so if you're NOT seeing the kinds of results I'm describing, then you may need to update your Excel, or wait for somebody to create a system that works with the older functions.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Maryam-1995 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@Maryam-1995 

One sentence in your description seems like it may be saying the opposite of what you mean.

You wrote: i want to manage it in a sheet so when it's the last session i cant see it

I'm assuming you mean you actually want to be able to see it. i.e., you meant to write " i want to manage it in a sheet so when it's the last session i can see it"

Anyway, I've created a little workbook here for you. It consists of three tabs. The tab in the center, "Transactions" is where you actively track all transactions, meaning

Dates when tuition is paid

Dates when the client attends a class

Prior to entering data in the transactions database, there's a very important "background" tab called "Tables" where you will see:

• A table for client info:
    • the basic info on each client, beginning with some kind of unique ID. I created them using the person's initials (to ease the identification when you record a transaction) and a number. Then first and last name.
  • A small table for class names and tuition (assuming they could be different)
  • An even smaller table for types of transactions.

And then there's a "Summary Tracking" tab that automatically gets populated with

• each ID (when a new person is added to the Client Roster)
  • the client's name
  • Last date tuition paid
  • Class for which that tuition was paid
  • Amount of tuition for that class
  • AND, finally, the number you wanted to track: the number of attendances since that tuition was paid, where it now is programmed to highlight when the number 12 is reached. We could change that to highlight at 10 or 11 if that would be better.

Here's what that summary table is looking like now, based on some test entries:

I have not put this workbook through all its paces--there still no doubt will be an occasional glitch (bug), but it's a start.  I should warn you, though, that it relies on a few functions that are only available in the newest versions of Excel, so if you're NOT seeing the kinds of results I'm describing, then you may need to update your Excel, or wait for somebody to create a system that works with the older functions.

View solution in original post