I need to know how to print files from a folder(pdf and jpg) using the same order in my excel list

Copper Contributor

Hi,

I have a bunch of documents (pdfs and jpgs) in a folder. I need to print these documents in the same order as the list i have in my excel. the most important thing is that the documents printed must be in the same order as the list from my excel (first pdf file and then jpg files). These pdf and jpg files has the same names as per the excel list.

4 Replies

@alambaig725 

With your permission, add more information, in this case this would be helpful, especially for you

... but also for those who would like to help.

Find out about the Excel version, operating system, storage medium (hard drive, OneDrive, Sharepoint, etc.).

Add one or a few photos and explain step by step which exactly is your plan.

...more Infos: Welcome to your Excel discussion space!

Thank you for your understanding and patience

NikolinoDE

I know I don't know anything (Socrates)

@NikolinoDE the documents saved on my folder are renamed to match  with the "D" column.

Instead of searching and printing one by one, I need to know if there is a way to print these documents on the same order as the D column list.

@alambaig725 

If I may recommend again ...

Inform us about the Excel version, operating system, storage medium (hard drive, OneDrive, Sharepoint, etc.).

Add one or a few photos and explain step by step which exactly is your Issue.

...more Infos: Welcome to your Excel discussion space!

I can very well imagine that it is very annoying when you are working on a project and suddenly everything stops. But please understand that the problem could be very diverse (or very simple).

With Excel you have many possible solutions for your project, but just as many reasons for troubleshooting.

Please also keep in mind that the more time the user who helps want to guess where the problem might be, the more time consuming and annoying it is for you. At the same time, we are users like you, users who are happy to pass on your knowledge (as small as it can sometimes be) willingly and voluntarily.

Drag and drop here or browse files to attach
Maximum size: 71 MB • Maximum attachments allowed: 5

Thank you for your patience and time.

NikolinoDE

The following code will access each of the files in column D in the order in which they appear in that column. You will need to come up with the code to open, print, and close the various types of file.
Dim i As Long
With Sheets(1).Range("D1")
For i = 1 To .CurrentRegion.Rows.Count - 1
If .Offset(i, 0) <> "" Then
'put code here to open the file, print it and close it
End If
Next i
End With