I need help with for bringing over data from sheet 2 to sheet 1 from a selected dropdown box

Copper Contributor

I have set up a dropdown box with 3 choices in it

I have 12 other sheets, one for each month of the year

On each of those 12 other sheets I have 3 columns, A=date, B=choice from dropdown box, C=amount

Back on sheet 1 in column A I have typed in each of those three choices, one onto row 1, then one onto row 2 then one onto row 3, then in column B, C. D etc is each month of the year.

I want to be able to go to each of those 12 sheets for each month, fill in the date in column A, then choice the data from dropdown box in column B, then fill in the amount in column C.

I then want this to be filled in automatically back on sheet 1 where it is bringing over the amount in the appropriate month and also bringing it over against the matching item from the choice from the dropdown box.

I know it can be down, I can sort of get half of it working but I just can't get the formula to get it to recognize the item chosen from the dropdown box on each of the 12 pages and put it against the correct item on the main summary page of sheet 1.

Hope someone here can help me.

Thanks

3 Replies

@April490 

Could you attach a sample workbook (without sensitive data), or if that is not possible, make it available through OneDrive, Google Drive, Dropbox or similar? Thanks in advance.

@Hans Vogelaar 

Thanks for your reply, not sure how to add a copy of the workbook here. Do you know how I do this?

@April490 

Replying on post it shall be

image.png

If not available when as @Hans Vogelaar proposed