I need help automatically filling a column with data from other sheets

Copper Contributor

I am extremely grateful to anyone who takes the time to look into this for me.  I am working on a productivity tracking spreadsheet for my team members to use in the workplace.  We are using Excel via Google Drive.

Task:

I need to automatically populate columns of information on Sheet D based on information entered into corresponding columns on Sheets A, B, and C, as the data is entered on sheets A, B, and C.  Number of entries per sheet is a variable number.  I want to avoid having to manually copy the previous day's information into the collective sheet.  The goal is to be able to have individual sheets for data entry, and a collective sheet that shows all of the data entered into those individual sheets.  Then use that collective data to generate weekly and monthly stats automatically.  I just need help figuring out the "collective data" sheet problem i'm having.

Problem:

I can manually copy the information from the individual sheets into the "collective" sheet but I have to do this daily and it has to be done at the end of each work day.

I am looking for a simplified solution via Functions if one is available, but I am familiar with VB and Macros as well so those solutions are helpful too.  Please, any help or insight is appreciated.  Thank you!

1 Reply

@mparamonte 

Perhaps combination of Tables and Power Query plus PivotTables with measures could help.