SOLVED

I don't see my pivot tables in my slider.

Iron Contributor

Hello,
Initially I thought the problem was that there was a limit to display pivot tables in the sliders, however after investigating I have found that this is not the case, that there is no limit to the number of connections for the sliders.

I have performed these steps without success:

Check the data source: Make sure that the data source for your pivot tables is correct and up to date. If the data source has changed or is not correctly linked to the pivot tables, the slider may not show the expected results.

Check the structure of the pivot tables: Make sure that the pivot tables you want to connect to the slider have the same structure and the same fields. It is possible that the slider only shows options for pivot tables with matching structures.

Update the pivot tables: If you have made changes to the underlying data or to the pivot tables themselves, be sure to update the pivot tables before attempting to connect them to the slider. Outdated or out-of-date pivot tables may not appear in the slider options.

Check compatibility: Make sure that the version of Excel you are using supports the feature of connecting pivot tables to sliders. Older versions or certain editions of Excel may not have this functionality.

Check the slider settings: double-check the slider settings and configuration to make sure it is set up correctly. Make sure the slider is linked to the correct range of values or cells and that it is configured to connect to pivot tables.

Any ideas or explanations as to why the sliders suddenly stopped populating with pivot table names?

Should I create one slider per sheet so that it does the same thing on each sheet?

I don't quite know how to approach this.

Thanks in advance,

1 Reply
best response confirmed by ADumith (Iron Contributor)
Solution

@ADumith 

If you have tried all of the steps you mentioned and your pivot tables are still not showing up in the slider, here are a few additional things you can try:

1. Check if the pivot tables are in the same workbook as the slider. If they are in a different workbook, they may not show up in the slider.
  2. Make sure that the pivot tables are not hidden or filtered. If a pivot table is hidden or filtered, it will not appear in the list of available pivot tables in the slider.
  3. Check the format of the pivot tables. If the pivot tables are in a different format or layout, they may not appear in the slider.
  4. Try creating a new slider and see if the pivot tables show up in the new slider. If the pivot tables show up in the new slider, there may be an issue with the original slider.
  5. Make sure that the pivot tables are not corrupted. If a pivot table is corrupted, it may not show up in the slider.

Regarding your question about creating one slider per sheet, it is possible to do so if you want the same functionality on each sheet. However, you may also want to consider using a single slider that is linked to all of the pivot tables in the workbook, as this can be more efficient and easier to manage.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by ADumith (Iron Contributor)
Solution

@ADumith 

If you have tried all of the steps you mentioned and your pivot tables are still not showing up in the slider, here are a few additional things you can try:

1. Check if the pivot tables are in the same workbook as the slider. If they are in a different workbook, they may not show up in the slider.
  2. Make sure that the pivot tables are not hidden or filtered. If a pivot table is hidden or filtered, it will not appear in the list of available pivot tables in the slider.
  3. Check the format of the pivot tables. If the pivot tables are in a different format or layout, they may not appear in the slider.
  4. Try creating a new slider and see if the pivot tables show up in the new slider. If the pivot tables show up in the new slider, there may be an issue with the original slider.
  5. Make sure that the pivot tables are not corrupted. If a pivot table is corrupted, it may not show up in the slider.

Regarding your question about creating one slider per sheet, it is possible to do so if you want the same functionality on each sheet. However, you may also want to consider using a single slider that is linked to all of the pivot tables in the workbook, as this can be more efficient and easier to manage.

View solution in original post