I am trying to use Excel but I have a black background.

Copper Contributor

The background is black and when I type it is white. When I print there are no columns or lines showing up. What am I doing wrong?

1 Reply

@Kathystarr 

I can well imagine that you are very annoyed when a problem occurs, especially when you have immersed yourself in a project.

I can also well imagine that this can be the biggest problem in the world right now.

But as a helper I cannot understand what exactly your problem is and, above all, how this could have arisen. So also annoying for us, who you forward to us without knowing, with a poor description.

You can only make assumptions, but with assumptions, you take up a lot more time that others here in the forum could use as help and you do not get a concrete solution.

So from the beginning ... again:

With your permission, if I can recommend. It can help all of us if you upload an excel file (with no sensitive data), not a picture. Even if it is said that a picture can say a thousand words, Excel certainly does not, on the contrary in some cases. This would also be a boon to anyone who wants to offer help as they can understand the problem much better. A blessing for you too, as you could get a faster and tailor-made solution proposal. A win-win situation for everyone.

* Knowledge of the Excel version and the operating system would also not only be an advantage, in some cases a necessity in order to be able to offer a solution at all.

Nevertheless, I am sending you this link with some quick information on your topic.

Apply or remove cell shading

Thank you for your understanding and patience

Nikolino

I know I don't know anything (Socrates)