I am not geting the Assign Macro option in right click of button i created by shapes

Copper Contributor

EXcel 2007

I have run

View->Macros-> record macro 

And some stuff to record and after i stopped the macro.

Now i want to assign the the record macro to my Button  i created by shapes. But i am not getting option on right click.

I am New in this ,please help me to get it enabled.

I Have Enabled Developer option along with enable

Option->Trust Centre->Never Show Information about blocked content

Option-> ActiveX Settings-> Enable all controls without restrictions and without prompting

4 Replies

@AnisGupta 

You should get a right-click menu with Assign Macro if you create a command button from the Form Controls group.

If you create an ActiveX command button, double-click it while Design Mode is on. This will create an On Click event procedure in the worksheet module. You can call your macro from that procedure. Don't forget to turn off Design Mode when you want to use the button.

@Hans Vogelaar 

You should get a right-click menu with Assign Macro if you create a command button from the Form Controls group.

I created the control button through"  Incert->Shapes-rectangle"  and after creating macro i want to assign with right button click but i am not getting Assign macro option. Attached screen shot.AssignMacro.jpeg 

@AnisGupta 

That looks like the right-click menu of a cell, not of a shape.

If your rectangle has no fill color, you should right-click its edge.

S1053.png

@Hans Vogelaar Thanks for your suggestion. the solution help me solve the problem.