Hyperlinks not updating after inserting rows

Copper Contributor

Hi there

I have a problem whereby when I insert rows into my Excel workbook my hyperlinks (all pointing within the same workbook but to different cells on different tabs).

I have found a way around this by using "Defined Names". However I have hundreds of hyperlinks so this will be extremely time consuming method to resolve.

Is there a more efficient way of having the hyperlinks?

Thanks in advance!

5 Replies

@Sjmry1 

Here is a link that explains the difference between relative and absolute path in the hyperlink.

Description of link management and storage in Excel

Thanks for your time and patience.

NikolinoDE
I know that I don't know anything (Socrates)

Thanks for the reply but unfortunately I dont think that will help in my scenario when using hyperlinks within the same workbook. When I insert rows the cell position of some of the hyperlinks change and then when clicked on go to the wrong position. Is there a way to resolve that problem?
Cheers

@Sjmry1 

=HYPERLINK(CELL("address",Sheet1!A1))

CELL converts the referenced cell into a text, HYPERLINK evaluates this and jumps to it. And since are using a real cell reference, it changes with every change.

An example file is included.

I didn't do anything other than what I sent you before :).

Hope this helps you to get further in Excel.

I wish you much success with Excel.

NikolinoDE

I know I don't know anything (Socrates)

after used the formula it doesn't work@NikolinoDE 

In "address" you must specify the path.

It would be an advantage if the Excel version, operating system and storage medium were known. A file (without sensitive data) would be even better.