Hyperlinks don't update when I change my data

Copper Contributor

Hello, I'm a total amateur with Excel - I'm making a simple dictionary with words on sheet 1 and description with pictures on sheet 2 because they take up more space. I set up hyperlinks but when i add new words on sheet 1, the hyperlink going from sheet 2 to sheet 1 again doesn't work, and still points to the previous cell. Is there another way to link cells so that you can click on something and it will take you to another cell? This dictionary will be very big one day so I can't always amend each one. I tried using the equals function and letting excel write a path but that didn't seem to work as a way of being directed to another cell. I wondered if there was a way to name the cell and link it to the name rather than the coordinates so that it doesn't matter if that word in the cell moves to another cell. ?

Thanks for any help, Isla!

2 Replies
You need a dynamic hyperlink. So, please attach your sample file.
thankyou twifoo, I had started looking up dynamic hyperlinks but every video seemed to be for something slightly different and some I couldn't follow :( but it's good to know that's what i need. Didn't want start barking up the wrong tree before i end up with a massive useless dictionary. I've attached my workbook to the dropbox link on the original message.

isla