SOLVED

How to use logical function with dates and multiple criteria

Copper Contributor

Hi, 

I have two sets of data with dates. I'm trying to return a false if a date is present in one column but not in the other. I seem to be having trouble using an absolute range so that I can apply the formula to subsequent cells. I made sure the format of the dates matches by a simple test that one cell from column A matches the same date from column B. But when I write my If(And function, the data from the dates don't return correctly. 

2 Replies
best response confirmed by Grahmfs13 (Microsoft)
Solution

@AndrewNDT 

=ISNUMBER(MATCH(B3,$D$3:$D$15,0))

Maybe with this formula. The formula returns FALSCH (which is FALSE in german) if the date is missing in the other column.

date is missing in the other column.JPG 

@OliverScheurich That's really helpful. It worked as needed. You can see that I was able to apply it to screen the column to the right. What I needed to do was compare it to the J column, but I got around that by using conditional formatting. The J column is a function from another sheet. Screenshot 2022-06-08 164815.jpg

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Grahmfs13 (Microsoft)
Solution

@AndrewNDT 

=ISNUMBER(MATCH(B3,$D$3:$D$15,0))

Maybe with this formula. The formula returns FALSCH (which is FALSE in german) if the date is missing in the other column.

date is missing in the other column.JPG 

View solution in original post