How to use DATEDIF as a number?

Copper Contributor

Hello guys,

I have two datetime at cell G2, H2, for example 9/12/2021 21:49 and 9/13/2021 11:18, when I use DATEDIF(G2, H2, "d") the result is 1. However, I want to do some calculation with that result for example DATEDIF(G2, H2, "d") * I2 * D2 * 0.005 but this function seems not to have a number result, which leads to #VALUE! error. Any ways to solve this?

3 Replies

@pr09082000 

Unfortunately I cannot understand from the text what exactly your plan is, the translation does not help as it should.

What exactly is your plan?

Would you like to multiply the date with a numerical value?

Do you only want the difference between the two dates?

Please insert a file (without sensitive data) and explain exactly what you are planning on the basis of this file.

Knowing the Excel version and the operating system would be an advantage.

Thank you for your understanding and patience

NikolinoDE

I know I don't know anything (Socrates)

@pr09082000 Created a mock-up on the basis of your description and used some values in D2 and I2 to get a result. I suspect that either of the values in these two cells are not real numbers, as that will return the #VALUE# error.

@NikolinoDE 

How to use DATEDIF as a number?

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/all/how-to-use-datedif-as-a-number/d0d2b891-814e-...

Please do not post the same problem in several forums at the same time, this is about the other users, as manpower and time resources are deducted from them, as several take care of your concerns.

Thank you for your understanding and patience

NikolinoDE