SOLVED

How to use Countif for BOTH date range plus one more criteria?

Brass Contributor

My Goal

I'm aiming to make an interactive dashboard on excel for data about my company's customer service tickets issue that we receive each day.

- There're many different ticket issues and I want to count how many issues are there within specific date range. For example how many tickets issue "about how to purchase" is there in total from 1/1/20 to 15/1/20.

- My idea is that to have a start and end date cells where I can put different dates in, and data will be shown on the table next to it, showing for each ticket issue subject, how many is there in total for the start and end date that I put in.

As of now I could only find this formula:

=COUNTIFS(date range, >=minimum date, date range, <=minimum range)

HOWEVER it doesn't include the criteria of the ticket issue subject and therefore doesn't work.

Please help. 

2 Replies
best response confirmed by little2fern (Brass Contributor)
Solution

Hi @little2fern 

You master data must have "Ticket Issue" column you need to add that one also in the criteria 

attached is the sample file for your ready reference

=COUNTIFS($B$2:$B$26,">="&$J$2,$B$2:$B$26,"<="&$J$3,$C$2:$C$26,$F2)

Snag_57b7343.png

Regards, Faraz Shaikh | MCT, MIE, MOS Master, Excel Expert

If you find the above solution resolved your query don't forget mark as Official Answer.

Thank you so much. It is working now!
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by little2fern (Brass Contributor)
Solution

Hi @little2fern 

You master data must have "Ticket Issue" column you need to add that one also in the criteria 

attached is the sample file for your ready reference

=COUNTIFS($B$2:$B$26,">="&$J$2,$B$2:$B$26,"<="&$J$3,$C$2:$C$26,$F2)

Snag_57b7343.png

Regards, Faraz Shaikh | MCT, MIE, MOS Master, Excel Expert

If you find the above solution resolved your query don't forget mark as Official Answer.

View solution in original post