SOLVED

how to upload file to my topic in community

Copper Contributor

hi everyone 

i start one topic in excel community  and try to drag and drop my excel file and always show me error (The file type .xlsx is not supported) 

any idea please 

10 Replies
Once you're in Community you can then click on the topic you would like to access and then click on the red “reply” link directly under the thread you would like to comment on or add a file to.
From here you can type a comment and/or add a file to the text box. A file can be either dragged directly into the text box from your desktop or uploaded using the upload link located above the text box which looks like a horizontal line with an arrow pointing up.

@Danishtj 

Thank you for yr reply, I'm familiar with upload icon on new/ or replay box, but the problem is there is no upload icons as you see .Untitled.png

any idea :(

Me either. Typical MS complexity where none is needed.
best response confirmed by Grahmfs13 (Microsoft)
Solution

@a_gunslinger @nalnofal Hello all! 

.XLSX is supported! We have tested it and it does work. 

However, the upload button is not in the toolbar. It's below the editor.

See image below. Hope that helps!

screenshot-techcommunity.microsoft.com-2022.04.06-11_05_56.png

@Eric Starker , thank you, great news!

@Eric Starkeri've opened full text editor and the down load is not showing. here is the screen shot. I'm attempting to upload a file on another thread and it give error message of not supporting the file. please see pic.

reply view.jpg

@Wimberly5 For security reasons, new members may not upload file attachments to the community. This is to help protect members from potentially malicious or spam files. Sorry for any inconvenience.

If you have a pressing need to upload a file sooner and need that permission right away, let me know and we can work something out.  

@Eric Starkeroh! ok. that makes sense. i am having problems with a excel workbook. Was wanting to upload it to show the person trying to help me. how long is the waiting period?

@Wimberly5 Hello! We don't want to share the exact timeline or steps before an account is able to post attachments (as we don't want people to game our system), but I've granted you the ability to do so in this case temporarily. Please respond again to this thread once the attachment is uploaded.

@Eric StarkerThank you so much! i've uploaded it to the other thread conversation and will here as well!

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Grahmfs13 (Microsoft)
Solution

@a_gunslinger @nalnofal Hello all! 

.XLSX is supported! We have tested it and it does work. 

However, the upload button is not in the toolbar. It's below the editor.

See image below. Hope that helps!

screenshot-techcommunity.microsoft.com-2022.04.06-11_05_56.png

View solution in original post