How To Update a Master Spreadsheet from Spreadsheets within the same workbook

Copper Contributor

I need to have the data presented on individual spreadsheets within a workbook automatically update a master spreadsheet in the workbook with the same information for report presentation purposes. The data is being copied from OneNote into the individual spreadsheets.

How do I automatically update the master spreadsheet with the data from the individual spreadsheets. This is not duplication of data entry but a matter of presentation in two different ways. I have a basic understanding of Excel formulas; however, accomplishing this task has so far eluded me. How can I get this done?

1 Reply

@CarlaKdmps Have you used PowerQuery before? You can fairly easily combine/append individual sheets into a single one, provided that all sheets are structured in the same manner. Please upload an example of your file with some fake data, but realistically representing what you are dealing with.

And then I take your word for it that you really must copy the OneNote data into individual sheets. But it would make it a lot easier if you could copy all into the master sheet to begin with, and extract whatever sub-sets of data you need from there.