How to unprotect the excel sheet if forgot the password

Copper Contributor

Hi team need support to unprotect my sheet which is password protected and forgot the password

297 Replies
Nikolino, how do you run this on a Mac?

@amohess 

I don't have a Mac and have never tried it, but it should work exactly the same way in the VBA method. Only the paste commands change, for example on the PC I use Ctrl + C to copy and on the Mac Command + C.

There is actually no difference in VBA itself .... in my humble opinion.

But I always like to be taught better.

Anyway, be at your disposal.

I too want my file to be removed of password . Please do it for me

@MargaretMP 

Hello - read your message about the copy / paste function to a new tab, which is great.  I had formula's in there because I have a 2 tab document I use.  Anyway that the formula's will copy over?  When I completed the copy/paste they didn't show up.  Wondering if there is a work around.  Thanks!

@NikolinoDE What do i do with the code? could you explain it to me like a kid.

@suubaash 

In this link you will find instructions with pictures and step-by-step explanations.

VBA Code to Unlock a Locked Excel Sheet

Furthermore, I wish you much success with Excel.

@NikolinoDE Hey hi i did follow the same step you specify to the guy at the begginings of this converation it wont work, wuold you help me out if i give you the file, i desperately need it 

@NikolinoDE  Is there any way you can remove the password for this workbook for me.  I created it at work with a team and the employee who pass worded it is no longer employed by us and we need access. Appreciate it

DJP

@Edruolp AccentEPR instantly removes such password protection set for Excel 2016+. It was possible to instantly find a collision for ealier versions of Excel. As for later versions of Excel, only removal can help. But still instantly.

Please note: it works only for the protection against accidental changes. It is impossible to find the password for encryption (Password to Open) instantly. Only if it refers to really old Office 6-95 ;p

@NikolinoDE  I tried your link, but my file is password protected, not just the sheet.  So, when I open it it pops up a small dialogue box for a password and no matter what I try I can't open anything else.  Ideas?  It is just a Christmas gift spreadsheet so the kids didn't see so nothing secret.  If you can help and open it, please let me know what I need to do.  thanks

@NikolinoDE I have also locked myself out of my sheet. Would you be willing to let me send mine to you to be unlocked as well? I tried running your code and let it run for an hour or so, but I stopped it.

Hi
I'm new here - but I followed this routine and selected into my VB project and ran it - seemed to work well, BUT I have had seemingly created an issue where I cannot open any excel or word docs as it would appear to have malware attached. Can anyone help me with a solution?
Iam able to open docs in Google docs and Google sheets btw just not from my Google drive or one drive in my Office apps.
Hope for a bit of help
Regards
AKtechsafety
Is there something I need to do to remove or stop the VB routine? maybe that's too simple a fix?

@NikolinoDE 

With my protected workbook this won't work.

When click Alt +F11 and double click on the file the pop up box asking for my password appears so I can't proceed

Worked perfectly...thanks very much

@HenryPhillipsNimbitech 

You have a 88% chance of unprotecting your Excel password.  Excel's password protection is not very secure (I've cracked open in a few hours). 

You can do either of the one.

1. Using password recovery software, like iseepassword Dr.Excel.
  2. VBA (macros codes) to unprotect the file
  3. Use Google drive
  4. Use .Zip tool.

Do let me know if it help.

@Kranyak 

Many thanks but NikolinoDE managed to find it for me which was so helpful. Thanks anyway.

@Damo_S This didn't work for me, when I .zip the folder and try to open it comes with an error and won't show me any files. I've tried from Mac and Windows, none of them worked.

Hello. Are you able to remove a password from an excel sheet for me ? The person who created it passed away

Hello @NikolinoDE , I would like to send you over 2 files to which I lost password. I just came back from a long break holidays. This is about sensitive informations so I am really looking forward to your non-disclosure agreement while helping. Could you please assist? Many Thanks in advance!