How to Schedule an Automatic Save As for an Excel File into a CSV file format in OneDrive

Copper Contributor

Hi, 

My company just recently converted from Google Drive to OneDrive from Microsoft 365. I am working in an analytics team a lot of the time, we have to work on processing a Google Sheet that is being used to track project progress into a Power BI readable data in Snowflakes using the Alteryx software to create a dashboard. Since our company is moving into OneDrive that uses cloud excel format, we have to figure out a way to reconnect the data that is now in the Excel format in OneDrive. 

During my research, I am finding a stumbling block because the Alteryx OneDrive Input tool has a limitation on the file type that it can read to only JSON, CSV, or Afro. In this case, our interim solution would be to automate the save as a process to save the original Excel file into a CSV file in OneDrive. This was our Alteryx input that can read the latest converted CSV file.

Is there a feature in OneDrive that would allow us to somehow code and/or automate the save as process from Excel original file into a CSV file for our workflow processing?

Thank you!
Andika

0 Replies