SOLVED

How to save copies of individual sheets from a workbook, separately from the workbook or ... ?

Brass Contributor

Hi!!

I created a workbook with four sheets:

"PatientDataset"
"FeeDataset"
"Chart Note" (pulls info from the "dataset" sheets)
"Charge Slip" (pulls info from the "Chart Note" sheet)

The workbook will eventually have probably at least 25 sheets that pull data from each other and the dataset sheets.

When the doctor completes, for example, a "Chart Note" and a "Charge Slip" in the workbook she needs to save those separately/individually from the entire workbook, to the patient's chart and have the info remain intact.

Is that possible?

If not, is there any way to accomplish what I'm trying to do, whether with Excel alone or Excel and Word working together?

If we don't save them separately & individually then when something in the "dataset" changes (such as fees) that'll cause all the prior completed sheets to automatically change to the updated fees but those already-completed sheets need to remain as is if that makes sense?

Not sure how to accomplish my goal.

Thank you so much!! :o)
Diane

2 Replies
best response confirmed by DianeDennis (Brass Contributor)
Solution
I would recommend you just print the sheet to PDF that will 'lock' everything.
If you need/want to keep the excel sheet format then you can right click the tab and select Move or Copy and then under the move copy window select the copy option box and in the drop down select new workbook. After you copy the sheet to a new workbook, goto Data and edit links and then remove all links to other workbooks, that should prevent it from updating any info based on changes in the other workbook
Hi! Oh my gosh, thank you so much! I feel like "duh!", lol. Thank you! The PDF option will work perfectly. Have a wonderful day!! Diane
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by DianeDennis (Brass Contributor)
Solution
I would recommend you just print the sheet to PDF that will 'lock' everything.
If you need/want to keep the excel sheet format then you can right click the tab and select Move or Copy and then under the move copy window select the copy option box and in the drop down select new workbook. After you copy the sheet to a new workbook, goto Data and edit links and then remove all links to other workbooks, that should prevent it from updating any info based on changes in the other workbook

View solution in original post