How to repeat fixed values every n months?

Copper Contributor

Hi everyone. Total novice here. I'm trying to schedule touchpoints with my clients by month. For example, I want to speak with John quarterly, and I last spoke with him in March. I have 150 clients to keep track of. I'd like to see a list of who I need to contact each month.

Essentially, I would like to get fixed values (names of clients) to repeat at different frequencies on a table where each column is a different month. I have data on Sheet 1: names, start month, frequency (1=every month,3,4,6,12=annually). Sheet 2 is just the months as headers in each column. The dates and years are inconsequential to me. Is there a good way to do this? Thanks so much in advance! :)

1 Reply

@jarmms  Do you need it to be on 2 sheets? I imagine after you couple of "info" columns (start and freq) you can just start the "month" columns and in the corresponding months you can have a formula fill in "f/u" or their full name.  The advantage of using just "f/u" is the columns can be smaller and you can easily see more or the whole sheet.  As for the formula it could be something like:

=IF(AND(COLUMN()-2>$B2,MOD((COLUMN()-3-$B2),$C2)=0),"F/U","")

attached is an example and included both "F/U" and the name option.