How to remove something that I did by accident

Copper Contributor

When using Excell I like to use the page down and Up button. unfortunately I must have done something because it now goes to Chart. I am quite ancient and finding this difficult. help please

5 Replies

@Noddy_139 

Undo, redo, or repeat an action

You can undo, redo, or repeat many actions in Microsoft Excel. You can undo changes, even after you have saved, and then save again, as long as you are within the undo limits (By default Office saves the last 100 undoable actions).

Shortcuts:

To undo an action press Ctrl+Z.

To redo something you've undone, press Ctrl+Y or F4.

You will find more Information in the upper link.

Hope I was able to help you with this info.

NikolinoDE

I know I don't know anything (Socrates)

Thank you for your kind message, However when I say I am ancient, i mean it. coming up to 90. So I kind of need leading by the hand. or instruction by instruction. I tried Ctrl+Z and seemed to get into more trouble. but thank you anyway.

@Noddy_139 

Try it!

Video: Undo and redo actions

In this video link from Microsoft you can watch the step-by-step instructions.

Thank you, but I do know about the undo arrow. I made this error about 3 weeks ago. I have updated the XL file many times since then and do not wish to lose that work. I was able to carry on by not using the page up/down button. only the up or down arrow buttons.
Some time ago whilst using the Pgup/pgdn button I pressed something else? whenever I now select Pgup/dn it flicks to chart, so I appear to have set a command and do not know how to reset to normal.
Sorry to be a pain. I am approaching mid 80s so I am quite slow on the uptake.

@Noddy_139 

I'm approaching 81 (in Oct), so can empathize a bit with you. I'm probably more at ease with Excel than you, but I certainly experience that slowing down in other areas of life (stopped playing tennis this year, moved to a less physically demanding sport).

Might I suggest, if your workbook doesn't include highly confidential or sensitive information, that you share a copy of the actual workbook. You can do that by posting a copy to GoogleDrive or to Microsoft's OneDrive and then sharing a link here. That way we might be able to see what it is that you're describing.